Bonded leather that fades, cracks and deteriorates quickly is definitely out. What’s in? 100% genuine leather with natural authentic marks and pebbling that add to the piece’s beauty.
We’re also big on comfort, recognizable value that won’t break the bank, and all the styles you want in sofas, chairs, and ottomans. Think classic rolled arms, turned legs and brass nailhead trim for an upscale vibe. For a more transitional look, think nickel nailhead trim or topstitched detail. Don’t forget the popular mid-century modern designs with sleek lines and low silhouettes with big deep cushions.
Deep seating gives you additional space, typically between three to eight inches deeper than regular styles. The extra depth allows you to stretch out in your ideal position for TV watching, reading or napping.
Natural leather adds a sense of depth, richness and luxuriousness. The range of available colors let you decorate to your heart’s content, from classic blacks and browns to fresh spring aqua, buttercream white or statement-making red. Sophisticated black is trending up and can be dressed either formal or informal to go with your lifestyle. A few design tips:
• If you choose black or brown, offset the darkness with bright walls, a creamy neutral (think ivory, sand, beige) throw or colorful toss pillows.
• With the neutral grays and whites, keep things interesting with reflective furniture such as a smoky mirror or metal occasional tables.
• Add texture to sleek leather with materials such as tweed, velvet or nubby linen in your accent pieces.
• Anchor the solid color furniture with a patterned goes-anywhere area rug.
• If you’re going for rustic modern, play up the mood with wood side tables that highlight the natural grain.
• If sleek mid-century modern is more your style, embrace the era with mustard, avocado and tangerine accents.
Last tip: to keep the natural beauty of your leather furniture, condition it just twice a year and wipe up spills as they occur. Avoid using harsh detergents, soaps or solvents.