In order to facilitate a safe and easy merchandise delivery, we ask that you read the following:
- Safety First: Please remove snow, ice, or other potentially hazardous obstacles from all walkways and driveways.
- Clear the Way: Please have a pathway cleared through your home, to the room in which the furniture or mattress will be placed.
- An Adult Must Be Home: Ensure that someone 18 years of age or older is present to accept the delivery.
- Arrange Entrance: If your delivery requires the removal of a door or window, please have this done prior to the delivery. If needed, the driver can place a phone call prior to arrival for better coordination.
Delivery to Buildings and Complexes
Most apartment buildings, condo complexes, retirement facilities, and office suites prohibit deliveries during certain hours. If your building or complex has such restrictions, please let us know when scheduling a delivery.
If an elevator’s use is required for delivery, please do your best to reserve it for the appropriate time. This will help ensure a timely delivery.
Other Important Delivery Facts
- Inclement Weather Policy: To ensure the safety of our delivery associates, we reserve the right to delay deliveries due to hazardous road and/or weather conditions.
- Climbing/Walk-Up Fees: Deliveries made to units above the third floor without elevator access will be subject to an additional charge.
- Hoisting Fees: If special accommodations are made for furniture that needs to be suspended/lowered into an area, additional fees may be assessed.
- Late Cancellation Fee: All deliveries canceled within 48 hours of scheduled delivery will incur a $109 restocking fee.
- Shoe Removal Policy: Due to corporate safety policies and OSHA guidelines, our delivery associates are prohibited from removing their boots at any time.
Measuring for Delivery
We want to ensure your new furniture is delivered successfully. Here is some important measurement and obstruction information you should consider before you purchase your furniture and have it delivered.
Quick Fit Questions
- Can your street or access to your residence accommodate a 28' delivery truck?
- Will the furniture fit through all doorways?
- Will your hallway size allow our team to fit through with product?
- Will the furniture fit up your stairway?
- Is your room ready for the product?
How we measure your furniture
We measure your furniture by length, width and height as seen below to determine how much floor and wall space your new furniture will occupy.
Measuring for delivery
Measure the diagonal depth and width of the furniture as seen below to determine if it will fit through your home’s entryways.
Preparing for delivery
Before purchasing your new furniture, note all important measurements and obstructions so you can ensure a successful delivery.
Before our delivery team arrives, prepare your home by doing the following:
(Please be aware that our delivery team is unable to make these or other preparations for you.)
- Secure low-hanging light fixtures
- Remove doors if necessary
- Set rugs in place
- Remove pictures or art
- Move other furniture
- Put pets in another room
During delivery, please inspect your furniture thoroughly and report any damage to our delivery team so we can resolve the issue promptly.
- Exterior/Front doorway height
- Exterior/Front doorway width & clearance to opposite wall
- Staircase width
- Staircase corner width* & clearance to opposite wall upstairs *if your stairs curve
- Low-hanging light fixtures
- Interior doorway width & clearance to opposite wall
- Interior doorway height
- Stairwell overhang/ceiling heigh
For apartment buildings or homes with elevators, it is important to measure the elevator interior height, elevator opening and opposite wall distance.
Measure Your Furniture
More coming soon on Pick-up vs. Delivery of your Cardi’s furniture...
Be Proactive! Secure your furniture and protect your family! Attach all case goods over 30” in height with an anti-tip kit.
- Anti-tip kit packets are located in the drawer of the piece or attached to the back.
- The customer is responsible for installation (a carpenter or someone qualified is recommended).
- Installation is quick, simple, and highly recommended.
- In pictures below example the anti-tip packet includes:
- 2 metal brackets
- 1 zip tie
- 1 2” screw
- 1 5/8” screw
- Attach 1 bracket to the back of item with a 5/8” screw. Attach 1 bracket to the wall (in a stud) with a 2” screw. Both brackets will then need to be connected with a zip tie to prevent tipping.
Please note that not all kits may not be the same. Photo and description below is for information only. Each kit includes specific instructions. It is the customer’s responsibility to request anti-tip kits if they can not locate them upon new furniture arrival.