Everyone is busy with work and school and making time is tough, here are some tips for making dinner happen:
- Make themed meal nights: Having something that everyone looks forward to, and is easy, is a great way to get everyone to the table. Who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday and Spaghetti Night on Wednesday?
- Have some fun topics ready to discuss. With younger children it can be a challenge to keep them seated, try to ask them engaging questions, like, what are you looking forward to this weekend? If you can travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Set up a pin board near the table. A pin board is a great place to hang up photos, school grades and other important daily items. With them on display you can discuss them while you eat.
- Make your dining room inviting. Use warm, deep colors to bring the room together, and if possible put down a cozy rug. Make the room a place you want to stay and chat, and relax.
- Pay attention to seating at your table. A round table encourages conversation, but if you have a rectangular one, just try to sit on one end or the other. If you have a large family, try to switch chairs, so everyone has a chance to sit next to someone different.